Website

Also visit me at carrielmartens.com

Thursday 30 August 2012

Sacred Memories part 4

I have incredibly fond memories of one particular Sunday that actually followed the previous memory in part 3. At the close of our Sunday school class we gathered together in a circle in the center of the room for a time of prayer. That day we were sharing prayers with one another and after each one we all said in unison "Thanks be to God" or "Lord, hear our prayer." The kids in my class never had any trouble coming up with things that they wanted us to pray for and I was always amazed at how much they seemed to notice in their daily lives, especially if given an opportunity to reflect and offer prayers. This particular week started off with a bang as the young girl from the previous week shared a prayer of praise (the previous week she wanted us to pray because her grandpa was ill). I opened our time of prayer with a few words and the first prayer that came from the group was a loud "praise the Lord, my Grandpa's been healed!" She was so filled with joy and the rest of the kids responded with a hearty "Thanks be to God." I could have sworn I was sitting with a group of liturgical charismatics rather than fairly reserved Mennonites! The rest of the prayer time was likewise animated as joys and concerns were held up before God in our small community of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment