Website

Also visit me at carrielmartens.com

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Sacred Memories part 3

During one of my Sunday school classes we spent some time responding to our story for the day with a time of prayer by journaling our questions and thoughts in a letter to God (at least I think this is how we were praying, we might also have been praying in colour). I had set our hour glass to time us for 10 minutes so the children would be able to monitor their time on their own. I was a bit worried that 10 minutes would be too long to spend "talking" with God. For the full ten minutes the children were completely occupied and soon the hour glass had almost run out and so had our class time. Just before our time was up one of the girls crawled over to me (we were on the floor), and asked if we couldn't have another time of prayer because she wanted all of us to pray for her Grandfather who was sick. It was amazing to see how important prayer was becoming to our class, not just as a personal conversation with God, but as a practice that we did in community.

No comments:

Post a Comment