Website

Also visit me at carrielmartens.com

Monday 17 June 2013

A change of title is in order!

No longer unemployed! 

Staring on July 16th I will begin ministry at Stirling Ave Mennonite Church in Kitchener, Ontario. And I am grateful, and excited, and nervous, and terrified, and tired. The time has come...but we're not quite there yet.
 
Right now we're in the midst of packing and finishing things up. Transitions are exhausting things I find. Especially when it feels like part of you is here and part there. Most days I'm feeling like all my planets are spinning off axis. Which I know is just par for the course. Being mid-transition is like that. Finishing up things in one spot while starting in another. I trust that at some point a few months from now, I'll find that my body and spirit have caught up with each other and I'll feel centered again. 


Our hope is that our things will be loaded up in the moving truck between July 3rd and 6th and it will arrive on July 11th. We are grateful we have a home (at least for the first year) that is waiting for us. We will be renting a house from a family from the church who will be out of the country for the year.

We are about 1/2 packed with not much more than necessities left. Well...a bit more, but we ran out of boxes. So a few more trips to the liquor mart (they have great boxes!) and other random stores is in order.

And once we're there, who knows. We're off on an adventure!

4 comments:

  1. Carrie, I've been reading your blog for some time and have been blessed by your writings. I'm pleased that you have acquired a position in a church - in the short time in which you attended and served in my church I have come to believe that your gifts are in the areas of teaching and preaching and caring for people of all ages. Blessings as you move out of the province and begin this new adventure. God be with you. I look forward to continued insights on your blog.
    Ruth






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Your affirmation and blessing is a gift. And I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm not sure which Ruth you are! I know at least one Ruth in every church I've been in. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm from GMC where all the W's attend!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Now I have a name and a face! I very much enjoyed spending time with you at GMC. :)

      Delete